About the content
Have you ever wondered how to build a system that automatically translates between languages? Or a system that can understand natural language instructions from a human? This class will cover the fundamentals of mathematical and computational models of language, and the application of these models to key problems in natural language processing.
1. Language modeling.
2. Hidden Markov models, and tagging problems.
3. Probabilistic context-free grammars, and the parsing problem.
4. Statistical approaches to machine translation.
5. Log-linear models, and their application to NLP problems.
6. Unsupervised and semi-supervised learning in NLP.
- Michael Collins
Coursera is a digital company offering massive open online course founded by computer teachers Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller Stanford University, located in Mountain View, California.
Coursera works with top universities and organizations to make some of their courses available online, and offers courses in many subjects, including: physics, engineering, humanities, medicine, biology, social sciences, mathematics, business, computer science, digital marketing, data science, and other subjects.