About the content
This app development course covers the advanced XAML skills necessary to deliver compelling applications for the Universal Windows Platform. The learner will gain experience developing re-usable XAML components with XAML markup and C# code using Visual Studio 2015. This course teaches both intermediate and advanced tasks that enable the learner to create applications that are testable, well-structured and go well beyond the basic XAML controls in look & feel. This course includes hands-on labs that enables the learner to learn the advanced XAML tasks that are the basic components of an enterprise-class XAML solution that can be deployed to solve real world problems.
- How to create new XAML components including: Dependency Properties, Attached Properties, Custom Controls and Control Templates.
- Use of Templating to alter the look & feel of a XAML control-button.
- Use of Styles to re-use design components throughout a XAML application
- Use of Behaviors and TypeConverters to create composable pieces of user interface logic that can be reused across multiple XAML applications.
- How to create dynamic interfaces using Animations and Storyboards
- Use of Triggers, Commands and Routed Events in your application.
- Implementation of the Model-View-View-Model pattern.
- Sidney Andrews
Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Redmond, Washington, that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics and personal computers and services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, Microsoft Office office suite, and Internet Explorer web browser.
Harvard University, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and the University of California, Berkeley, are just some of the schools that you have at your fingertips with EdX. Through massive open online courses (MOOCs) from the world's best universities, you can develop your knowledge in literature, math, history, food and nutrition, and more. These online classes are taught by highly-regarded experts in the field. If you take a class on computer science through Harvard, you may be taught by David J. Malan, a senior lecturer on computer science at Harvard University for the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences. But there's not just one professor - you have access to the entire teaching staff, allowing you to receive feedback on assignments straight from the experts. Pursue a Verified Certificate to document your achievements and use your coursework for job and school applications, promotions, and more. EdX also works with top universities to conduct research, allowing them to learn more about learning. Using their findings, edX is able to provide students with the best and most effective courses, constantly enhancing the student experience.