About the content
Internet Enduring Material Sponsored by: Stanford University School of Medicine // Presented by: The Division of Infectious Diseases in the Department of Medicine at Stanford University School of Medicine
Unit 1: The Basic Clinical Science of Antimicrobial Use:
- • Introduction to Antimicrobial Stewardship
• The Story of Penicillin
• Principles of Antimicrobial Use
• Principles of Antibacterial Pharmacokinetics & Pharmacodynamics
• Sepsis Case Study: Application of Principles
• Introduction to Bacterial Resistance
• Antibiotic Resistance: Gram Positive Resistance Beyond PCN
• Antimicrobial Resistance: Mycobacterial, Viral and Fungal Resistant
• Acute Bacterial Skin and Skin Structure Infections
• Antibiotic Allergies
• Upper Respiratory Tract Infections
• Community Acquired Pneumonia in the Outpatient Setting
Unit 2: Practical Aspects of Antimicrobial Stewardship and Application to Special Circumstances and Populations:
- • Antibiotic Stewardship Interventions
• Convincing the C-Suite
• Measurements and Metrics
• Incorporating Clinical Decision Support into Stewardship
• Infection Prevention and Antimicrobial Stewardship
• Surgical Site Prophylaxis
• Out-Patient Parenteral Therapy
• Antimicrobial Stewardship in Pediatrics
• Antimicrobial Stewardship and Transplant Infectious Diseases
• Antimicrobial Stewardship: Long-term Care
• Antimicrobial Use at the end of life
- Elizabeth Robilotti - Infection Control and Prevention
- Stan Deresinski - Medicine - Med/Infectious Diseases, Antimicrobial Stewardship Program, SHC
Leland Stanford Junior University, better known as Stanford University, is a private American university located in Silicon Valley, south of San Francisco.
Its motto is "Die Luft der Freiheit weht", which means "The wind of freedom blows".
Ranked among the world's top universities in most international rankings, it enjoys great prestige.
Coursera is a digital company offering massive open online course founded by computer teachers Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller Stanford University, located in Mountain View, California.
Coursera works with top universities and organizations to make some of their courses available online, and offers courses in many subjects, including: physics, engineering, humanities, medicine, biology, social sciences, mathematics, business, computer science, digital marketing, data science, and other subjects.