About the content
This online course introduces the history and practice of drug policy. Students will learn about drug laws and their origins, and the complex task of drug policy analysis. The course also tackles contemporary issues in drug control, such as marijuana policy and prescription drug misuse.
1. Course Introduction and Syllabus
2. Drugs in the New Republic and Federal and State Responses
3. The Nixon Era
4. After Nixon – present
5. Introduction to Drug Policy Analysis (Use Reduction & Harm Reduction)
Part 2: Special Topics in Drug Control
6. Marijuana Policy
7. Nonmedical Use of Prescription Drugs
8. The Brain and Addiction
9. Law Enforcement and Crime
10. Global and Innovative Approaches
- Michael Nias - College of Medicine: Department of Psychiatry
- Scott Teitelbaum
- Kevin Sabet - College of Medicine: Department of Psychiatry
Coursera is a digital company offering massive open online course founded by computer teachers Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller Stanford University, located in Mountain View, California.
Coursera works with top universities and organizations to make some of their courses available online, and offers courses in many subjects, including: physics, engineering, humanities, medicine, biology, social sciences, mathematics, business, computer science, digital marketing, data science, and other subjects.