Sobre o conteúdo
This course offers an evidence-based analysis of globalization that addresses what is happening to us personally as well as economically amidst the market-led processes of global integration.
Programa de estudos
To enable you to comprehend market-led globalization in ways that allow you to evaluate how your own life and personal choices are shaped by market forces and associated global ties.
Course-level learning objectives:
At the end of this class you will be able to:
- Describe the main debates and controversies surrounding globalization;
- Analyze the ties and tensions of uneven global development;
- Understand the growing impact of global market integration;
- Synthesize knowledge of market globalization with your own experiences of market forces and market reforms;
- Evaluate the way in which market forces define and delimit personal choices and everyday life globally;
- Develop capacity to respond and reflect personally amidst the ties and
tensions of market-led globalization.
Here are some of the course assignments and activities:
- Video lectures: Most of the course content is delivered through video lectures. Each video runs 10-12 minutes
- Discussion forums: This class thrives on discussion. Multiple discussion forums are designed to develop out of the lectures. You will have the ability to articulate your own views on globalization as well as learn from your fellow students from around the world.
- Quizzes: Many video lectures have short quizzes embedded that allow you to check your grasp of basic knowledge as the course proceeds.
- Peer Assessment Assignments - There are peer assessment activities available for this course. By participating in these, and reading and responding to the work of others, you can also help improve your own learning and understanding.
- Matthew Sparke - Professor of Geography and International Studies, Adjunct Professor of Global Health
Criador do conteúdo
Founded in 1861, the University of Washington is one of the oldest state-supported institutions of higher education on the West Coast and is one of the preeminent research universities in the world.
A Coursera é uma empresa digital que oferece um curso on-line massivo e aberto, fundado pelos professores de computação Andrew Ng e Daphne Koller Stanford University, localizado em Mountain View, Califórnia.
O Coursera trabalha com as melhores universidades e organizações para disponibilizar alguns dos seus cursos on-line e oferece cursos em várias disciplinas, incluindo: física, engenharia, humanidades, medicina, biologia, ciências sociais, matemática, negócios, ciência da computação, marketing digital, ciência de dados. e outros assuntos.Cours