Higher education professionals, new PhD graduates, newly hired university educators and research scientists, and others interested in enhancing their teaching techniques in a university setting will acquire in this six-week course the foundational knowledge of the science of teaching and learning and develop skills and strategies for teaching at the university level.
Exploration of the science of teaching and learning, the role of neuroscience in teaching and learning, how to respond to learner differences, and technology and support for next generation learning.
- Teaching with the Science of Learning
- Neuro-Education: The Role of Neuroscience in Teaching and Learning
- Understanding Learners and Responding to their Differences
- Technology and Support for Next Generation Learning
- The Science of Learning at Work in Practice
Examination of evidence-based teaching as well as strategies and approaches for integrating the principles of best practices. Discussion of the application of the principles of best practices and how they are used in action in the classroom.
- Evidence-Based Teaching
- Strategies and Approaches to Integrate the Principles of Best Practice
- Application of Principles of Best Practice in Developing Your Course
- Principles of Best Practice in Action
Overview of how to "know your audience," including examination of needs assessment, motivation of learners, learners' readiness to learn, and learning styles.
- Learning Needs Assessment
- Motivation of Learners
- Readiness to Learn
- Learning Styles
Exploration of how to develop an effective instructional plan, including examination of how to write and craft goals, objectives, and course descriptions, as well as a learner-centered syllabus.
- Needs Assessment and Goals and Objectives
- Course Description and Objectives
- Defining Your Teaching Methods and Content to be Learned
- constructing Your Learner-Centered Course Syllabus
Examination of rationale and benefits of small group learning as well as how to plan for effective small group learning. Exploration of how to facilitate small group learning and review of common challenges that occur when facilitating small groups.
- Small Group Learning
- Planning for Effective Small Group Learning
- Facilitation Strategies for Effective Small Group Learning
- Small Group Learning: Common Challenges in Facilitating Small Groups and Strategies to Address Them
Overview of online teaching and learning, including the design of online courses and multimedia in online courses, course development using the ADDIE model, online course quality and why it matters, as well as accessibility considerations.
- The Power of Online Learning
- Online Course Design - Structure and Content
- Online Course Design - Communication & Engagement
- Online Course Design - Assessment & Evaluation
- Multimedia in Online Courses
- The ADDIE Model
- Why Quality Matters Online
- Accessibility in Online Learning
- David Andrews
- Pamela Jeffries
约翰霍普金斯大学（JHU）是一所美国私立大学，位于马里兰州巴尔的摩市。它在华盛顿特区、意大利博洛尼亚、新加坡和中国南京也设有校区。约翰-霍普金斯大学的名字源于一位富有的企业家约翰-霍普金斯，他在去世时将 700 万美元遗赠给了这所大学。
约翰霍普金斯大学是美国最负盛名的大学之一（尤其是其医学和公共卫生学院以及国际事务学院），它将自己定义为美国领先的 "研究型大学"。建校之初，它主要受到海德堡大学和威廉-冯-洪堡德国教育模式的启发。2019 年，有 39 位诺贝尔奖获得者的名字与这所大学有关2。
Interesting Course...Worth Following