This course will highlight the critical legal and business issues entrepreneurs face as they build and launch a new venture. We will explore real world scenarios, and address the legal and business issues that entrepreneurs face, from the moment they conceive of the "million dollar idea" to all of the important junctures along the path to success.
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship Law
- The Personality of the Entrepreneur
- Leaving an Employer to Start a Business
- Choosing and Forming an Entity
- Agreements Among Owners
- Intellectual Property: trademark, copyright, patent, trade secret, and nondisclosure agreements
- Financing a New Venture
- Hiring Workers and Employment Law
- Conducting Business Online
- Final Thoughts
- Esther Barron - Bluhm Legal Clinic
- Steve Reed - School of Law
Northwestern University is a private research and teaching university with campuses in Evanston and Chicago, Illinois, and Doha, Qatar. Northwestern combines innovative teaching and pioneering research in a highly collaborative environment that transcends traditional academic boundaries.