Few people who “just Google it” to find an answer to their every question understand just what the company does (and why). Through this course, you'll join the minority that really gets it.
Week 1: The Age of Google
- Introduction: Why study Google and the media?
- Search and Research
- Google and News
- Google and Books
- How and Why the Magic Works
- Advertising Personalization and Privacy
- Google, YouTube, and You
- YouTube (and Google) and the News
- Google and Smartphones
- Google and "Wearable"
- Google's Social Circle
- The Private, The Public, and the Politic(s)
- Owen Youngman - Medill School of Journalism, Media, Integrated Marketing Communications
Northwestern University is a private research and teaching university with campuses in Evanston and Chicago, Illinois, and Doha, Qatar. Northwestern combines innovative teaching and pioneering research in a highly collaborative environment that transcends traditional academic boundaries.