Participants will learn how to move efficiently from patient signs and symptoms to a rational and prioritized set of diagnostic possibilities and will learn how to study and read to facilitate this process.
- Module 1: How experts understand diseases and how to read like an expert to form disease based illness scripts.
- Module 2: How experts analyze their patient' problems: processing and the patient illness script.
- Module 3: Using disease and patient illness scripts to prioritize differential diagnostic possibilities into tiers of probability
- Module 4: Understanding how diagnostic tests can be appropriately used to improve diagnostic accuracy.
- Module 5: Diagnostic Mistakes: how they happen, how you can avoid them and how to find them once they occur.
- Module 6: How our clinical problem solving strategies can be used to write good test questions, perform well on tests, and teach others to do well too.
- Catherine Lucey - School of Medicine
The University of California, San Francisco, is dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and high-quality patient care. UC San Francisco is the only campus in the University of California system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences. UCSF's innovative, collaborative approaches for health care, research and education span disciplines across the health sciences and make it a world leader in scientific discovery and its translation into improved health.