Sobre o conteúdo
The purpose of this course is to help participants and the organizations they encounter survive the waves of technological disruptions facing business, government, education and their daily lives.
Programa de estudos
2. Kodak misses its moment: the story of Kodak and how, after inventing the digital camera, it failed to understand how it and the Internet changed the process of capturing and sharing images.
3. Blockbuster vs Netflix. How could a leading company fail to respond to a clearly defined threat from a new competitor?
4. Borders: was the company asleep when Amazon came along and disrupted book sales, publishing and reading?
5. The three amigos: what can we learn from Kodak, Borders and Blockbuster as a group of failed companies?
6. Can I borrow your paper? How the Internet has savaged one of our oldest types of media leading to the slow death of newspapers.
7. Books and Publishers: trying to maintain two business models at once.
8. Education: the industry that moves at a glacial pace faces radical innovation from non-profits to Coursera.
9. Dictators: probably not a promising occupation given social media-how the Arab spring changed a profession.
10. Risky business-are innovations in technology encouraging us to engage in too much risky business?
11. Moving things: will the USPS disappear? How can it compete with UPS and FedEx?
12. Some survivors: a few have managed to incorporate disruptive technologies into their lives and to flourish, at least for now.
13. Danger ahead: what new disruptions are on the horizon and who will be disrupted?
14. Strategies for survival: suggestions on how to deal with disruptive technologies and turn them into a successful innovation
- Hank Lucas - School of Business
Criador do conteúdo
The University of Maryland is the state's flagship university and one of the nation's preeminent public research universities. A global leader in research, entrepreneurship and innovation, the university is home to more than 37,000 students, 9,000 faculty and staff, and 250 academic programs. Its faculty includes three Nobel laureates, three Pulitzer Prize winners, 47 members of the national academies and scores of Fulbright scholars. The institution has a $1.8 billion operating budget, secures $500 million annually in external research funding and recently completed a $1 billion fundraising campaign.
A Coursera é uma empresa digital que oferece um curso on-line massivo e aberto, fundado pelos professores de computação Andrew Ng e Daphne Koller Stanford University, localizado em Mountain View, Califórnia.
O Coursera trabalha com as melhores universidades e organizações para disponibilizar alguns dos seus cursos on-line e oferece cursos em várias disciplinas, incluindo: física, engenharia, humanidades, medicina, biologia, ciências sociais, matemática, negócios, ciência da computação, marketing digital, ciência de dados. e outros assuntos.Cours