Sobre o conteúdo
Learn how to apply patterns and frameworks to alleviate the complexity of developing concurrent and networked software. Students will write concurrent and networked software programs in popular open-source pattern-oriented software architecture frameworks, such as Android (Java) and ACE (C++).
Programa de estudos
- Section 0: Overview of all the topics covered in the course. This material is designed to help you visualize the motivations for--and challenges of--of concurrent and networked software. We also summarize how patterns and frameworks help address key challenges of concurrent and networked software.
- Section 1: Introduction to concurrency and networking, which provides background info pertaining largely to the OS and middleware layers. We discuss key design dimensions of concurrent and networked software, as well as review common operating system programming mechanisms and Android programming mechanisms. This part focuses on concepts and is generally independent of programming language.
- Section 2: Overview of patterns and frameworks, which focuses on pattern-oriented software architecture, with an emphasis on concurrent and networked software. We explore key pattern and framework concepts, relationships, and examples, as well as evaluate the pros and cons of patterns and frameworks. Small code examples are shown throughout using C++ and Java, though this section concentrates more on design rather than programming.
- Section 3: Applying patterns and frameworks to develop concurrent and networked software, which examines lots of code. An open-source web server is used as a running example to illustrate patterns and frameworks pertaining to service access, communication, synchronous event handling, connection establishment, service initialization, service configuration and activation, concurrency and synchronization, and asynchronous event handling. These examples are in C++ using ACE.
- Appendix: Presents a case study that applies many "Gang of Four" patterns that aren't directly related to concurrent and networked software. Evaluates the limitations with algorithm design and shows how pattern-oriented design alleviates these limtations. The examples are largely in C++, again with some Java examples to show how pattern-oriented design simplifies portability across programming languages.
- - Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Criador do conteúdo
A Coursera é uma empresa digital que oferece um curso on-line massivo e aberto, fundado pelos professores de computação Andrew Ng e Daphne Koller Stanford University, localizado em Mountain View, Califórnia.
O Coursera trabalha com as melhores universidades e organizações para disponibilizar alguns dos seus cursos on-line e oferece cursos em várias disciplinas, incluindo: física, engenharia, humanidades, medicina, biologia, ciências sociais, matemática, negócios, ciência da computação, marketing digital, ciência de dados. e outros assuntos.Cours