Sobre o conteúdo
The aim of the course is to provide you with a comprehensive framework for understanding both the traditional principles of management inside companies today as well as the alternative principles that are becoming increasingly important. It provides both theoretical and practical perspectives on the nature of management in today’s organisations.
Programa de estudos
Week 1: Why we need to reinvent management
- Management versus Leadership: what each one is, why we need them both.
- Evidence for the failure of management
- The underlying problem: a social technology that has not evolved.
- The future of management.
- Management model: an important concept, the guiding framework for the course.
- What is your management model?
Week 2: The "means" of managing
- Traditional and alternative approaches to coordination.
- Traditional and alternative approaches to decision-making.
- Trying out these ideas in your company: experiments in emergence and collective wisdom.
Week 3: The "ends" of managing
- Traditional and alternative approaches to motivation.
- Traditional and alternative approaches to objective-setting.
- Trying out these ideas in your company: experiments in motivation and obliquity.
Week 4: Redefining a company's management model
- Mapping your model, and how you would like it to change.
- Forces for change and those that reinforce the status quo.
- Top-driven vs bottom-up change.
- Designing and running your own management experiment.
- A broader perspective: how management ideas gain and lose currency.
Week 5: Making it personal: Becoming a better boss
- The challenge of managing effectively at an individual level.
- What does a good manager do really?
- Know your employees: see the world through their eyes.
- Know yourself: understand your own limitations.
- Tips and tricks for becoming a better boss.
Professor of Strategy & Entrepreneurship
London Business School
Criador do conteúdo
A Coursera é uma empresa digital que oferece um curso on-line massivo e aberto, fundado pelos professores de computação Andrew Ng e Daphne Koller Stanford University, localizado em Mountain View, Califórnia.
O Coursera trabalha com as melhores universidades e organizações para disponibilizar alguns dos seus cursos on-line e oferece cursos em várias disciplinas, incluindo: física, engenharia, humanidades, medicina, biologia, ciências sociais, matemática, negócios, ciência da computação, marketing digital, ciência de dados. e outros assuntos.Cours