Sobre o conteúdo
Learn how to make effective decisions about your future career and how to take control of your professional development by honing your critical thinking and employability skills. Suitable for anyone undertaking some form of study, regardless of academic discipline, interests or employment background.
Programa de estudos
Week One: What do you want? – Self Awareness
- What do you need from your career? Identifying and assessing careers values.
- Self-discovery or self-creation – where does your true career identity reside?
- Can you predict what will make you happy? Common problems in anticipating the future.
- Can you speak the secret language of skills? Evidence your achievements in a meaningful way.
- Making yourself instantly attractive. What skills are employers asking for?
- How can you build your skills? Education and experience – what’s the best investment?
- Are you open to opportunities? What behaviours increase your chances of getting lucky breaks?
- Are you using the right methods? Which ways of finding opportunities are right for you?
- Can you create your own job? Intrapreneurship and entrepreneurship.
- Are you using the right medium for the message? CVs, portfolios and other ways of selling yourself.
- Your personal brand. What does your on-line profile say about you?
- Can you decode job descriptions? A step-by-step process for preparing better applications
- Do interviews always have to be nerve-wracking? The secrets to interview confidence.
- Can you deal with bad interviewers? Common interviewer weaknesses and how to use them.
- Can you increase the chances that people will like you? Maximising first impressions.
- Does networking actually work? The benefits of loose ties.
- Are you using online media effectively? How LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter can help your career.
- Is networking just for job hunting? The social workplace and the power of relationships
- Laura Brammar - The Careers Group, University of London
- David Winter - The Careers Group, University of London
Criador do conteúdo
A Coursera é uma empresa digital que oferece um curso on-line massivo e aberto, fundado pelos professores de computação Andrew Ng e Daphne Koller Stanford University, localizado em Mountain View, Califórnia.
O Coursera trabalha com as melhores universidades e organizações para disponibilizar alguns dos seus cursos on-line e oferece cursos em várias disciplinas, incluindo: física, engenharia, humanidades, medicina, biologia, ciências sociais, matemática, negócios, ciência da computação, marketing digital, ciência de dados. e outros assuntos.Cours