Sobre o conteúdo
A free course for the Vocational Education and Training sector to promote effective practice and pedagogy in blended learning.
This course is designed to help anyone teaching or supporting learning in the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector understand the benefits of blended learning and how to use technology effectively to support learners. Supported by a group of Digital Champions, you will connect with teaching and training professionals who understand the practical challenges of using blended learning. You will be aware of the importance of being able to blend digital methods into your teaching. These methods will help your learners become familiar with the digital workplaces they will be joining.
Programa de estudos
What topics will you cover?
- Definitions of blended learning.
- The impact of digital technology on teachers and learners.
- Pedagogical theories and teaching approaches that underpin blended learning, including constructivism, social constructivism, and problem-based learning.
- Digital technologies available to support blended learning in formal and informal learning scenarios.
- The role of Virtual Learning Environments (VLEs) and how to use them effectively for blended learning.
- The role of open tools in blended learning.
- Open educational resources (OERs): what they are, how they can be used, and where to find them.
- Processes for blended learning design, including curriculum and instructional design. The role of the DADDIE model in planning and evaluating blended learning. Story-telling and story-boarding techniques for developing digital learning.
- The role of assessment in the curriculum design process. Different approaches for using technology to support assessment and feedback.
- The benefits and challenges of ‘flipped’ learning. Approaches to designing a flipped lesson.
- Collaboration in blended learning, including the use of discussion forums, synchronous collaboration, and social media.
- How to design and review a blended learning activity.
- The digital skills learners need to equip them for the modern workplace, and how learners can be supported in developing these skills.
- The importance of inclusive teaching practices. The value of making education and training more accessible for learners.
- The demand for flexible learning, and the role of digital technology in making teaching and learning more flexible.
Chair of Learning with Digital Technology, Knowledge Lab, UCL IOE.
Developing a global community of teachers around the Learning Designer
I am a Researcher in Digital Learning in the School of Education at the University of Leeds. I have a particular interest in MOOCs both from a research and a development perspective.
Director of Digital Learning and Professor of Educational Technology at the University of Leeds. For more information see: http://www.education.leeds.ac.uk/peo
Criador do conteúdo
L'université de Leeds est un établissement d'enseignement supérieur britannique située dans la ville de Leeds, dans la région anglaise de Yorkshire-et-Humber.
FutureLearn est une plate-forme d'apprentissage proposant des formations en ligne ouvertes à tous (MOOC)
Fondée en Décembre 2012, la société est entièrement détenue par l'Open University à Milton Keynes, en Angleterre.
Elle est la 1ère plateforme offrant des MOOC au Royaume-Uni, avec à son actif plus d'une cinquantaine d'universités partenaires provenant du Royaume Uni mais aussi du reste du monde.
FutureLearn se différencie également par des partenariats avec des entités non-universitaires comme le British Museum, le British Council, la British Library et la national Film and Television School.