Sobre o conteúdo
In this course, we will see all the advances that have led to the state-of-the-art operating system that we know today, covering variety of platforms -- cell phones, multi-core, parallel systems, distributed systems, and cloud computing.
Programa de estudos
Lesson 1: Abstractions
* The Princple of Abstraction * Hardware Resources * OS Functionality * Managing the CPU and Memory
Lesson 2: OS Structure
* OS Structure Overview * The SPIN Approach * The Exokernel Approach * The L3 Micro-Kernel Approach
Lesson 3: Virtualization
* Intro to Virtualization * Memory Virtualization * CPU and Device Virtualization
Lesson 4: Parallelism
* Shared Memory Machines * Synchronization * Communication * Lightweight RPC * Scheduling * A Shared-Memory Multiprocessor OS
Lesson 5: Distributed Systems
* Definitions * Lamport Clocks * Latency limits * Active networks * Systems from Components
Lesson 6: Distributed Object Technology
* Spring Operating System * Java RMI * Enterprise Java Beans
Lesson 7: Design and Implementation of Distributed Services
* Global Memory System * Distributed Shared Memory * Distributed File System
Lesson 8: System Recovery
* Lightweight Recoverable Virtual Memory * Rio Vista * Quicksilver
Lesson 9: Internet Scale Computing
* Giant Scale Services * MapReduce * Content Delivery Networks
L10: Real-Time and Multimedia
* Time sensitive Linux * Persistent temporal streams
* Principles of Information Security Security * The Andrew System
- Kishore Ramachandran - Dr. Ramachandran received his Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Wisconsin, Madison in 1986. Since then, he has been with Georgia Tech, where he is a Professor in the School of Computer Science in the College of Computing. His research interests are in the area of architectural design, programming, and analysis of parallel and distributed systems. He received a Presidential Young Investigator Award from the National Science Foundation in 1990, the Georgia Tech Doctoral Thesis Advisor award in 1993, the College of Computing Outstanding Senior Research Faculty award in 1996, the Dean's Award in 2003, the William "Gus'' Baird Teaching Award in 2004, and the Peter A. Freeman Faculty Award, twice (2009 and 2013), for demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit. He is an avid squash player, and can even be arm-twisted into holding a tennis racket every once in a while!
Criador do conteúdo
Udacity est une entreprise fondé par Sebastian Thrun, David Stavens, et Mike Sokolsky offrant cours en ligne ouvert et massif.
Selon Thrun, l'origine du nom Udacity vient de la volonté de l'entreprise d'être "audacieux pour vous, l'étudiant ". Bien que Udacity se concentrait à l'origine sur une offre de cours universitaires, la plateforme se concentre désormais plus sur de formations destinés aux professionnels.