Les infos clés
Understand the role of brands and brand management in the modern world, and start developing your career in the sector.
Brands are the most potent commercial and cultural force on the planet. Think McDonald’s, Apple, Manchester United, Tate, Google or Harry Potter. Get under the skin of such brands, and ask how and why they become so powerful.
The University of East Anglia has teamed up with influential brand consultancy Wolff Olins to bring you this course, led by renowned consultant Robert Jones.
You’ll learn from practitioners at companies like Virgin and Google. You’ll get a rich mixture of theory and practical tools as well as insights and methods from the converging worlds of technology, design and brand.
Le mot de My Mooc
If you’re developing a career in branding - or if you work in a related area, like strategy, marketing or innovation - this course is for you. It will support your professional development, and also provide you with a taste of what taking a Masters in branding or brand management would be like.
- How brands work: the role brands play in our lives, how brands have changed over time, how brands make a commercial and social impact
- How brands are managed: the branding industry, the changing world of brand management, managing multiple brands
- How brands get defined: how brands begin, the aims and shape of a branding project, techniques for defining what a brand wants to stand for
- How brands get designed: great brand design, the four dimensions of brand design, the fluid processes that lead to great brand design
- How brands drive organisations: the idea of the brand-led business, the four quadrants of brand action, the role of brand in innovation and change
- Where brands are going next: the future of brands, your personal brand, ways to continue the journey
Robert is a strategist at Wolff Olins, the brand consultants in London, and a visiting professor at the University of East Anglia, UK.
FutureLearn est une plate-forme d'apprentissage proposant des formations en ligne ouvertes à tous (MOOC)
Fondée en Décembre 2012, la société est entièrement détenue par l'Open University à Milton Keynes, en Angleterre.
Elle est la 1ère plateforme offrant des MOOC au Royaume-Uni, avec à son actif plus d'une cinquantaine d'universités partenaires provenant du Royaume Uni mais aussi du reste du monde.
FutureLearn se différencie également par des partenariats avec des entités non-universitaires comme le British Museum, le British Council, la British Library et la national Film and Television School.