Les infos clés
This course is a journey into the biology of the human genome and will highlight the scientific, social, and personal perspectives of people living with a variety of traits.
- Matthew Cook - Originally from North Carolina, Matt is a science lover and strong supporter of scientific skepticism. He plays the piano, studies philosophy, and is still waiting for a virtual reality version of the Legend of Zelda. Matt has been involved extensively in biomedical research and teaching at all levels, from elementary to college. After receiving an International Baccalaureate diploma in high school, Matt studied biology and Hispanic studies at East Carolina University. He then earned his PhD in cell and molecular biology from Duke University before accepting a postdoctoral fellowship at the University of California San Francisco.
- Lauren Castellano - Lauren Castellano earned her MA in Experimental Psychology from San Jose State University and her BA in Psychology from the University of Nevada Las Vegas. She has been a teaching assistant for three years. She is passionate about teaching psychology because she believes it applies to everything we do and anyone can benefit from learning about psychology. Lauren is also passionate about traveling and scuba diving; she is a certified rescue diver and a dive master candidate.
- Joanna Mountain - Joanna Mountain is a human geneticist who studies the connections between genetics and a broad range of diseases, the prehistory underlying human genetic diversity, and the nature of the relationship between genetic diversity and categories of race and ethnicity. Joanna earned her PhD in Genetics from Stanford University. Currently she is Senior Director of Research at 23andMe, a personal genetics company.
- Uta Francke - Originally from Germany, Uta Francke received her MD from the University of Munich and then specialized in medical genetics, diagnosing and treating people with genetic disorders. She has carried out laboratory research in both humans and mice, and she has taught clinical and molecular genetics at UCSD, Yale and Stanford University. She currently is Senior Medical Director at 23andMe, a personal genetics company.
- 23andMe Team - The scientists at 23andMe are experts in population, medical and computational genetics, biomedical informatics, reproductive biology, personalized medicine, and pharmacology. They share a passion for helping people understand their genetic information and gain deeper insights into their health, ancestry, and traits. On any given day, they can be found furthering genetic research, making scientific discoveries relevant to individuals, and promoting genomic medicine.
Udacity est une entreprise fondé par Sebastian Thrun, David Stavens, et Mike Sokolsky offrant cours en ligne ouvert et massif.
Selon Thrun, l'origine du nom Udacity vient de la volonté de l'entreprise d'être "audacieux pour vous, l'étudiant ". Bien que Udacity se concentrait à l'origine sur une offre de cours universitaires, la plateforme se concentre désormais plus sur de formations destinés aux professionnels.