In this course you will build a practical framework to understand the critical linkages between organization design and the creation of economic value through execution. We will focus on four critical linkages:
1. How organizational growth and life cycle require design changes to improve execution
2. How managerial decision making can be improved through better organization design
3. How the design of human resource practices shape the culture of the organization
4. How innovation and change can be facilitated through organization design
These linkages are critical in assessing how managers make sure that the organizations they design can execute the strategies they have envisioned under changing environmental conditions.
Learners will be able to answer the following:
• What are the managerial implications of organizational growth and life cycle?
• How do you improve managerial decision making through organizational design?
• How do human resource management policies shape organizational culture?
• How do organizations plan for top management succession and change?
• How do you know that your organization design is not effective?
• How do you manage organizational change and innovation?
This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and
WEEK 1 : Course Orientation
Module 1: Organizational Life Cycle – Innovation, Change, and Redesign
Module 2: Managerial Decision Making and Organization Design
Module 3: Managing Human Resources – Building Culture and Identity in Organizations
Module 4: Top Management Teams, Managerial Succession, and Organizational Consequences
Huseyin Leblebici, Professor of Business Administration
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign College of Business Department of Business Administration
Coursera est une entreprise numérique proposant des formation en ligne ouverte à tous fondée par les professeurs d'informatique Andrew Ng et Daphne Koller de l'université Stanford, située à Mountain View, Californie.
Ce qui la différencie le plus des autres plateformes MOOC, c'est qu'elle travaille qu'avec les meilleures universités et organisations mondiales et diffuse leurs contenus sur le web.