Les infos clés
Marketing within the hotel and tourism industry presents unique challenges, as marketers are tasked with selling services and memories rather than goods. In this hospitality management course, you will learn how to apply marketing knowledge and skills to the hotel and tourism industry. You will learn best practices for building customer loyalty and creating a strong brand and learn how to efficiently communicate to stakeholders through integrated marketing communications. You will also learn about the importance of marketing to both previous and new customers.
Students’ learning experience will be enhanced through the use of creative approaches to solve marketing problems in hotel and tourism settings.
Note that this course is priced at USD $198.
- Examine and evaluate the marketing theories and concepts within the context of management and operations of hospitality and tourism organizations
- Analyze the relationship between consumers, practitioners, and policy makers of hospitality and tourism services/products
- Evaluate the contributions and impacts of hospitality and tourism in social, economic, political, cultural, and other areas
- Analyze and apply various marketing theories and concepts to practical applications in the hospitality and tourism industry
- Communicate and respond appropriately to stakeholders in the hospitality and tourism industry
- Identify marketing problems within the hospitality and tourism context, and apply marketing knowledge and skills to solve the problems
- Organize and analyze related numerical and graphical data, and translate them into business information.
Leaners need to have hospitality and tourism related experiences.
Introducing the course, and marketing theories and concepts within the context of hospitality and tourism industry. Examining the changing hospitality and tourism environment, and discussing its impacts on and implications to the marketing of hospitality and tourism.
Week 2: Branding and Marketing Positioning
Reviewing differentiation, segmentation, and target marketing; and understanding the application in hospitality marketing and destination marketing. Reviewing the relationship of service quality and human resources in marketing
Week 3: Strategic Marketing
Analyzing the relationship between consumers, practitioners, and policy makers, how it evolves over time, and the role of strategic marketing in hospitality and tourism
Week 4: Individual Customers and Organizational Customers
Understanding individual customers and their motivation in hospitality and tourism. Understanding organizational customers and success factors of marketing Meeting, Incentive, Conference, and Exhibition business
Week 5: Integrated Marketing Communication
Discussing the role of marketing communication in hospitality and tourism, analyzing the effectiveness of different communication platforms, and examining the fast-changing landscape in digital marketing
Week 6: Ethics and Sustainability in Marketing
Examining the relationship between corporate social responsibility and marketing, ethics in marketing, and the consideration of sustainability in marketing.
Sangwon Park, Ph.D.
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
EdX est une plateforme d'apprentissage en ligne (dite FLOT ou MOOC). Elle héberge et met gratuitement à disposition des cours en ligne de niveau universitaire à travers le monde entier. Elle mène également des recherches sur l'apprentissage en ligne et la façon dont les utilisateurs utilisent celle-ci. Elle est à but non lucratif et la plateforme utilise un logiciel open source.
EdX a été fondée par le Massachusetts Institute of Technology et par l'université Harvard en mai 2012. En 2014, environ 50 écoles, associations et organisations internationales offrent ou projettent d'offrir des cours sur EdX. En juillet 2014, elle avait plus de 2,5 millions d'utilisateurs suivant plus de 200 cours en ligne.
Les deux universités américaines qui financent la plateforme ont investi 60 millions USD dans son développement. La plateforme France Université Numérique utilise la technologie openedX, supportée par Google.