Week 1 - What is it all about? Introducing
core interprofessional concepts
- Define interprofessional education (IPE) and
interprofessional collaborative practice.
- Discuss the evidence regarding benefits of
interprofessional collaborative practice, including the impact on quality
and safety of patient care.
- Compare and contrast different forms of
- Discuss factors that influence interprofessional
- Describe key elements of effective interprofessional team-based
- Identify barriers to interprofessional collaborative practice.
Week 2 - Who is
on my team? Understanding roles, responsibilities and abilities of different
- Describe the roles, responsibilities and abilities of various
health care professions involved in collaborative work, including their
training and scopes of practice.
- Describe one’s own professional role in relation to
collaborating with other professionals.
- Describe the process by which the scope of practice for
a healthcare professional is determined.
- Discuss and describe the role of patients, their
families and community representatives as integral partners in the
collaborative care delivery process.
- Assess how different clinical settings might affect
roles and responsibilities of health professionals.
Week 3 - How will
our work get done? Understanding communication, accountability and task
- List the benefits of collaborative practice to your
- Describe the importance of communication for effective
- Name essential elements of effective communication.
- Demonstrate use of strategies and tools that facilitate
effective communication and collaboration.
- Identify ways to distribute and follow-up on tasks among
interprofessional health care providers.
Week 4 – How to
tackle challenges: Conflict management and negotiation
- Describe the sources of conflict in the
- Describe two main types of conflict and how
they are interrelated as well as impact team functioning.
- Compare and contrast different styles of managing
- Describe one’s own conflict management
- Demonstrate a three-step approach to
- Describe communication strategies helpful
in the management of conflict.
Week 5 – How can
we work together? Leadership and Membership
- Define clinical leadership.
- Discuss leadership functions that
facilitate team-based health care.
- Describe the concepts and importance of
psychological safety and leader inclusiveness.
- Analyze one’s own strengths, areas for
development, and leadership style.
- Define team membership styles and their impact.
- Demonstrate use of strategies and tools
for effective healthcare team leadership and membership.
Coursera est une entreprise numérique proposant des formation en ligne ouverte à tous fondée par les professeurs d'informatique Andrew Ng et Daphne Koller de l'université Stanford, située à Mountain View, Californie.
Ce qui la différencie le plus des autres plateformes MOOC, c'est qu'elle travaille qu'avec les meilleures universités et organisations mondiales et diffuse leurs contenus sur le web.