Les infos clés
This course offers an evidence-based analysis of globalization that addresses what is happening to us personally as well as economically amidst the market-led processes of global integration.
To enable you to comprehend market-led globalization in ways that allow you to evaluate how your own life and personal choices are shaped by market forces and associated global ties.
Course-level learning objectives:
At the end of this class you will be able to:
- Describe the main debates and controversies surrounding globalization;
- Analyze the ties and tensions of uneven global development;
- Understand the growing impact of global market integration;
- Synthesize knowledge of market globalization with your own experiences of market forces and market reforms;
- Evaluate the way in which market forces define and delimit personal choices and everyday life globally;
- Develop capacity to respond and reflect personally amidst the ties and
tensions of market-led globalization.
Here are some of the course assignments and activities:
- Video lectures: Most of the course content is delivered through video lectures. Each video runs 10-12 minutes
- Discussion forums: This class thrives on discussion. Multiple discussion forums are designed to develop out of the lectures. You will have the ability to articulate your own views on globalization as well as learn from your fellow students from around the world.
- Quizzes: Many video lectures have short quizzes embedded that allow you to check your grasp of basic knowledge as the course proceeds.
- Peer Assessment Assignments - There are peer assessment activities available for this course. By participating in these, and reading and responding to the work of others, you can also help improve your own learning and understanding.
- Matthew Sparke - Professor of Geography and International Studies, Adjunct Professor of Global Health
Coursera est une entreprise numérique proposant des formation en ligne ouverte à tous fondée par les professeurs d'informatique Andrew Ng et Daphne Koller de l'université Stanford, située à Mountain View, Californie.
Ce qui la différencie le plus des autres plateformes MOOC, c'est qu'elle travaille qu'avec les meilleures universités et organisations mondiales et diffuse leurs contenus sur le web.