Les infos clés
This course will provide students from around the world an introduction to the legal system of the United States.
Course Features and Assignments
Please take a few minutes now to familiarize yourself with the navigation and features of this Coursera course.
- Weekly Modules: the course material for each week is listed in the weekly pages.
- Generally, it is a good idea to do the work in the order it is listed.
- Video Lectures: short presentations detail the key concepts for each week.
- Supporting References: references that are not required readings, but are to serve as additional sources should you choose to further research subjects that interest you.
- Discussion Forums: post, read, and respond in the forums to deepen your understanding of the concepts.
- Quizzes: check your understanding of the key concepts and terminology.
- Stand-alone quizzes that you'll take after reviewing the material for that week.
- Please note that you will not be able to complete a quiz once the due date has passed. Quizzes will not be accepted late.
- Course Project: The research projects are required if you wish to earn a Statement of Accomplishment with Distinction.
- Peer Assessments: peer evaluation of the project submissions.
- You are welcome to submit the research projects for peer assessment even if you do not intend to complete the Statement of Accomplishment with Distinction. However, please remember that in order to view the feedback from your peers, you must also provide feedback to your peers' project submissions.
- Due to the nature of Peer Assessments, it is not possible to grant extensions. Peer Assessments will not be accepted late.
Completing this Course
You are welcome to do any or all of the assignments outlined in this course. However, if you wish to earn a statement of accomplishment, you'll need to complete the following activities:
- Statement of Accomplishment
Students who earn an overall score of at least 70% based on:
- 80% Quizzes
- 20% Discussion Posts out of one post per week
- Statement of Accomplishment with Distinction
Students who earn an overall score of at least 80% based on:
- 70% Quizzes
- 15% Project and Peer Assessment (best score will be taken)
- 10% Discussion Posts out of one post per week
- 5% Discussion Comments out of two comments per week
Note: There will be a 20% penalty on your project submissions if you do not complete three (3) peer evaluations.
- Pedro Malavet - College of Law
Coursera est une entreprise numérique proposant des formation en ligne ouverte à tous fondée par les professeurs d'informatique Andrew Ng et Daphne Koller de l'université Stanford, située à Mountain View, Californie.
Ce qui la différencie le plus des autres plateformes MOOC, c'est qu'elle travaille qu'avec les meilleures universités et organisations mondiales et diffuse leurs contenus sur le web.