Les infos clés
This course is for anyone interested in learning more about Veterinary Medicine, giving a “taster” of courses covered in the first year of a veterinary degree and an idea of what it is like to study Veterinary Medicine.
- Week 1 - Course Information
Please read through the components of this section before starting on the actual course content. Enjoy the course!
- Week 1 - Basic Animal Care
In this week, led by Kay Aitchison, we will be looking at animal care. We recommend that you start with the overview reading under the week 1 overview and then work through the core materials. We hope you enjoy the week.
- Week 2 - An Introduction to Body Systems Anatomy
In this week, we will look at the anatomy of the body, and the teaching team to guide you through this part of the course are Professor Susan Rhind and Dr Gurå Therese Bergkvist. We recommend that you start with the overview reading under the week 2 overview. ...
- Week 3 - Veterinary Professional Skills
In this week, we will be looking at Veterinary Professional Skills, and the teaching team to guide you through this part of the course are Rachel Whittington and Dr Jessie Paterson. We are also joined in one of the videos by our colleague Stacy Spielman. We ho...
- Week 4 - An Introduction to Clinical Skills
In this week, we will be introducing you to Veterinary Clinical Skills, led by Catriona Bell and assisted by Caroline Mosley. We are also joined in one of the videos by our colleague Neil Hudson. Again please start with the week 4 overview and then work throu...
- Week 5 - The Past, Present and Future of Veterinary Medicine
Our final week is led by Andrew Gardiner and he is joined by a number of colleagues including some from our Library here at Edinburgh. This week we turn our attention to the topic of Veterinary History and again we recommend you start with the week 5 overview ...
- Dr Jessie Paterson, BSc (Hons) Agricultural Chemistry, PhD, PgDip
Lecturer in Student Learning
- Kay Aitchison, BSc Agriculture (Hons Animal Production Science)
Lecturer in Farm Animal Husbandry
- Prof Susan Rhind, BVMS, PhD, FRCPath, PFHEA, MRCVS
Professor of Veterinary Medical Education
- Dr Gurå Therese Bergkvist, BSc Hons (Vet Sci), BVM&S, PhD, MRCVS
Lecturer, Preclinical Veterinary Sciences
- Rachel Whittington, BVSC MRCVS
Lecturer in Professional Skills
- Dr Catriona Bell, BVetMed, PhD, PGCAP, MRCVS
Senior Lecturer in Veterinary Education
- Dr Andrew Gardiner, BVM&S, Cert SAS, MSc, PhD, MRCVS
Veterinary Clinical Senior Lecturer
Coursera est une entreprise numérique proposant des formation en ligne ouverte à tous fondée par les professeurs d'informatique Andrew Ng et Daphne Koller de l'université Stanford, située à Mountain View, Californie.
Ce qui la différencie le plus des autres plateformes MOOC, c'est qu'elle travaille qu'avec les meilleures universités et organisations mondiales et diffuse leurs contenus sur le web.