Les infos clés
Why join the course?
Almost every job now involves a range of digital skills, yet employers report a shortage in skilled new starters. This course will enable you, as a teacher or trainer to develop your learners’ digital skills for successful employment and progress in the modern workplace. Through real-life case studies, resources and practical support you’ll be able to help your learners manage their online identity and digital information required for their work. We’ll show you how to assist learners to create digital content and provide you with tools for communicating effectively and working collaboratively.
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
- Enable teachers and trainers to develop their learners to acquire the digital skills needed in the workplace - to manage personal online identity
- Enable teachers and trainers to develop their learners to acquire the digital skills needed in the workplace - to manage digital information
- Enable teachers and trainers to develop their learners to acquire the digital skills needed in the workplace - to create digital content
- Enable teachers and trainers to develop their learners to acquire the digital skills needed in the workplace - to use tools and techniques for working collaboratively
- Collaborate on models for teaching of digital skills in practice
- Support teachers and trainers in the VET sector in developing their digital skills
Who is the course for?
This course is open to everyone but particularly aimed at those working in the Vocational Education and Training sector, including: further education, skills training, vocational education, workplace learning and lifelong learning or adult education.
The course is designed to be completed in around 4 hours per week. All activities have recommended times and there are plenty of resources and activities for you to explore further if you’d like to do more on a particular topic. You can join at any time during the course and you will continue to have access for 4 weeks after you sign up.
What topics will you cover?
- Raising awareness of digital skills being used in the workplace
- Ways of teaching digital skills
- Managing a digital identity
- Managing digital information
- Creating basic digital content
- Creating advanced digital content
- Publishing digital content
- Collaborative digital content creation
Chair of Learning with Digital Technology, Knowledge Lab, UCL IOE.
Developing a global community of teachers around the Learning Designer
Dean of Digital Education and Professor of Educational Technology at the University of Leeds
L'université de Leeds est un établissement d'enseignement supérieur britannique située dans la ville de Leeds, dans la région anglaise de Yorkshire-et-Humber.
FutureLearn est une plate-forme d'apprentissage proposant des formations en ligne ouvertes à tous (MOOC)
Fondée en Décembre 2012, la société est entièrement détenue par l'Open University à Milton Keynes, en Angleterre.
Elle est la 1ère plateforme offrant des MOOC au Royaume-Uni, avec à son actif plus d'une cinquantaine d'universités partenaires provenant du Royaume Uni mais aussi du reste du monde.
FutureLearn se différencie également par des partenariats avec des entités non-universitaires comme le British Museum, le British Council, la British Library et la national Film and Television School.