About the content
Find out what tipping points in our climate system mean for the future of our planet, with this online course from the University of Exeter.
This course is for people with a basic knowledge of climate change science (to get an introduction join the course Climate Change: The Science).
Tipping Points in the Natural World
- What are ‘tipping points’?
- Recognising early warning signals for major tipping points
- Tipping points in the climate system - Arctic, Amazon and Circulation systems
Tipping Points in the Human World
- Tipping Points and policy
- Links between tipping points and social systems - Syrian droughts and conflict
- Positive tipping points - influencing behavioural change and collective action