About the content
Learn about the science behind the current exploration of the solar system in this free class. Use principles from physics, chemistry, biology, and geology to understand the latest from Mars, comprehend the outer solar system, ponder planets outside our solar system, and search for habitability in our neighborhood and beyond. This course is generally taught at an advanced level assuming a prior knowledge of undergraduate math and physics, but the majority of the concepts and lectures can be understood without these prerequisites. The quizzes and final exam are designed to make you think critically about the material you have learned rather than to simply make you memorize facts. The class is expected to be challenging but rewarding.
- Week 1 - Unit 1: Water on Mars (week 1)
- Week 2 - Unit 1: Water on Mars (week 2)
- Week 3 - Unit 1: Water on Mars (week 3)
- Week 4 - Unit 2: The insides of giant planets (week 1)
- Week 5 - Unit 2: The insides of giant planets (week 2)
- Week 6 - Unit 3: Big questions from small bodies (week 1)
- Week 7 - Unit 3: Big questions from small bodies (week 2)
- Week 8 - Unit 4: Life in the solar system (week 1)
- Week 9 - Unit 4: Life in the solar system and beyond (week 2)
- Week 10 - Final exam
Coursera is a digital company offering massive open online course founded by computer teachers Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller Stanford University, located in Mountain View, California.
Coursera works with top universities and organizations to make some of their courses available online, and offers courses in many subjects, including: physics, engineering, humanities, medicine, biology, social sciences, mathematics, business, computer science, digital marketing, data science, and other subjects.
Difficile d'imaginer mieux. Un cours génial par Mike Brown en personne. 20/20, sans hésiter.