About the content
Gain an understanding of project finance and public-private partnerships structures. We’ll explore how project finance resembles real estate deals and then look at key participants in various deals and their motivation. We’ll also look at the history and evolution of Project Finance, as it is useful in understanding how deals work today.
This course will conclude with an explanation of the basic financial structures and a look at the importance of accounting in project finance.
This course is part of the New York Institute of Finance’s popular Project Finance and Public Private Partnerships Professional Certificate program.
- Overview of Project Finance and Public Private Partnerships
- History and evolution of Project Finance
- Basic structures of Project Finance
- Importance of accounting definitions
Knowledge of corporate finance and basic credit analysis
- Lesson 1: Definition of Project Finance
- Lesson 2: Real Estate - Analogy
- Lesson 3: Understanding Public Private Partnership
- Lesson 4: Introduction to Participants and Motivations
- Lesson 5: History and Evolution of Project Finance
- Lesson 6: Classic Deals
- Lesson 7: Basic Project Finance Structures
- Lesson 8: Post Construction - Structures
- Lesson 9: Importance of Accounting Definitions
- Lesson 10: Recap
New York Institute of Finance
Harvard University, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and the University of California, Berkeley, are just some of the schools that you have at your fingertips with EdX. Through massive open online courses (MOOCs) from the world's best universities, you can develop your knowledge in literature, math, history, food and nutrition, and more. These online classes are taught by highly-regarded experts in the field. If you take a class on computer science through Harvard, you may be taught by David J. Malan, a senior lecturer on computer science at Harvard University for the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences. But there's not just one professor - you have access to the entire teaching staff, allowing you to receive feedback on assignments straight from the experts. Pursue a Verified Certificate to document your achievements and use your coursework for job and school applications, promotions, and more. EdX also works with top universities to conduct research, allowing them to learn more about learning. Using their findings, edX is able to provide students with the best and most effective courses, constantly enhancing the student experience.