About the content
As an entrepreneur, you play a critical role in the manner in which your business grows. The best ideas and strategies are of no consequence without the right people to translate them to action.
As an entrepreneur, you may have asked yourself:
- What is my role as a people manager?
- What systems and processes do I need to put in place so that my organization can scale from a Human Resources Management perspective?
- Am I enhancing the organization’s effectiveness in harnessing human capital for long-term sustainability?
If you have ever asked yourself even one of the above questions, then this business and management course is for you.
In this course, you will learn about the roles of an entrepreneur in human capital management during the different stages of growth of the business. We will discuss human resources best practices as they relate to employee hiring, motivation, retention and rewards and recognition management.
You will learn about one of the biggest challenges entrepreneurs face, which is trying to scale effectively and at the same time retain the DNA of what makes the organization successful.
- To appreciate the role of entrepreneurs as people managers
- How to implement human resources practices to build a sustainable enterprise
- To understand and appreciate the role systems and processes play in effective people management
- To enhance effectiveness in harnessing human capital for long-term sustainability of the venture
- Vasanthi Srinivasan
Harvard University, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and the University of California, Berkeley, are just some of the schools that you have at your fingertips with EdX. Through massive open online courses (MOOCs) from the world's best universities, you can develop your knowledge in literature, math, history, food and nutrition, and more. These online classes are taught by highly-regarded experts in the field. If you take a class on computer science through Harvard, you may be taught by David J. Malan, a senior lecturer on computer science at Harvard University for the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences. But there's not just one professor - you have access to the entire teaching staff, allowing you to receive feedback on assignments straight from the experts. Pursue a Verified Certificate to document your achievements and use your coursework for job and school applications, promotions, and more. EdX also works with top universities to conduct research, allowing them to learn more about learning. Using their findings, edX is able to provide students with the best and most effective courses, constantly enhancing the student experience.