About the content
This course will provide a coherent, understandable look at the evidence on how nutrition and physical activity impact health through lower morbidity, longevity, and quality of life.
- Module 1: Linking Nutrition and Physical Activity to Health Outcomes
- Module 2: Assessing Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Body Composition
- Module 3: Macronutrient Considerations: Carbohydrates
- Module 4: Macronutrient Considerations: Proteins
- Module 5: Macronutrient Considerations: Fats
- Module 6: Vitamins
- Module 7: Minerals
- Module 8: Strategies for Improving Nutritional Habits
- Module 9: Physical Activity Consideration: Aerobic vs. Resistance vs. Lifestyle
- Module 10: Strategies for Improving Physical Activity
- Module 11: Calorie (Energy Balance): The Interaction of Nutrition and Physical Activity
- John Jakicic
- Amy Rickman - Department of Health and Physical Activity
Coursera is a digital company offering massive open online course founded by computer teachers Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller Stanford University, located in Mountain View, California.
Coursera works with top universities and organizations to make some of their courses available online, and offers courses in many subjects, including: physics, engineering, humanities, medicine, biology, social sciences, mathematics, business, computer science, digital marketing, data science, and other subjects.