About the content
In this class, you will learn fundamental algorithms and mathematical models for processing natural language, and how these can be used to solve practical problems.
The following topics will be covered in the first two weeks:
- Introduction and Overview:
- Basic Text Processing: J+M Chapters 2.1, 3.9; MR+S Chapters 2.1-2.2
- Minimum Edit Distance: J+M Chapter 3.11
- Language Modeling: J+M Chapter 4
- Spelling Correction: J+M Chapters 5.9, Peter Norvig (2007) How to Write a Spelling Corrector
- Christopher Manning
- Dan Jurafsky
Coursera is a digital company offering massive open online course founded by computer teachers Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller Stanford University, located in Mountain View, California.
Coursera works with top universities and organizations to make some of their courses available online, and offers courses in many subjects, including: physics, engineering, humanities, medicine, biology, social sciences, mathematics, business, computer science, digital marketing, data science, and other subjects.