About the content
Explore biosecurity, biosafety and bioethics with this online biosecurity course for from the University of Bath.
This course is for professionals working in public and global health, international security, politics and international relations. It may be of particular use to biosafety officers in academia, industry or government, and early-career science scholars in the life sciences.
- Introduction to biosecurity
- Biological threats and challenges
- Responding to biological challenges: what you can do inside the lab
- Responding to biological challenges: what is done outside the lab
- Responsible conduct of science: learning to critically examine security issues arising with the lab and formulate responses
FutureLearn is a massive open online course (MOOC) learning platform founded in December 2012.
It is a company launched and wholly owned by The Open University in Milton Keynes, England. It is the first UK-led massive open online course learning platform, and as of March 2015 included 54 UK and international University partners and unlike similar platforms includes four non-university partners: the British Museum, the British Council, the British Library and the National Film and Television School.