About the content
This introduction to engineering course will help you learn modeling and analysis techniques for electrical, mechanical, and chemical systems and discover how engineered systems that seem very different are actually very similar.
1. What does it mean to model a physical system?
2. Newton's laws
3. Mechanical components connected together
4. Chemical diffusion
5. Laws governing electrical behavior
6. Circuits and electrical components connected together
7. Analogies between physical systems
8. Diffusion is everywhere
- Todd Murphey - Mechanical Engineering and Physical Therapy and Human Movement Sciences
Northwestern University is an American university located in Evanston (just north of Chicago), in the US state of Illinois. It is one of the most prestigious universities in the world, particularly for journalism, economics and theatre. The university has two campuses, one in Evanston (the main campus) and one in downtown Chicago.
Coursera is a digital company offering massive open online course founded by computer teachers Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller Stanford University, located in Mountain View, California.
Coursera works with top universities and organizations to make some of their courses available online, and offers courses in many subjects, including: physics, engineering, humanities, medicine, biology, social sciences, mathematics, business, computer science, digital marketing, data science, and other subjects.