About the content
This introduction to engineering course will help you learn modeling and analysis techniques for electrical, mechanical, and chemical systems and discover how engineered systems that seem very different are actually very similar.
1. What does it mean to model a physical system?
2. Newton's laws
3. Mechanical components connected together
4. Chemical diffusion
5. Laws governing electrical behavior
6. Circuits and electrical components connected together
7. Analogies between physical systems
8. Diffusion is everywhere
- Todd Murphey - Mechanical Engineering and Physical Therapy and Human Movement Sciences
Northwestern University is a private research and teaching university with campuses in Evanston and Chicago, Illinois, and Doha, Qatar. Northwestern combines innovative teaching and pioneering research in a highly collaborative environment that transcends traditional academic boundaries.
Coursera is a digital company offering massive open online course founded by computer teachers Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller Stanford University, located in Mountain View, California.
Coursera works with top universities and organizations to make some of their courses available online, and offers courses in many subjects, including: physics, engineering, humanities, medicine, biology, social sciences, mathematics, business, computer science, digital marketing, data science, and other subjects.