About the content
This course focuses on Azure Storage as a service that scales to meet the data storage demand, allows data access anywhere at any time based on an internet connection, provides a platform for building internet-scale applications, and can store structured and non-structured data in the appropriate format in the cloud.
You’ll be introduced to managing storage through Azure Storage accounts as well as the different types of accounts a storage account can contain.
Explore the different tools that let you examine storage account content without having to write custom code.
You’ll also get an introduction to implementing storage backup and recovery, including deployment of site recovery and replication of Hyper-V virtual machines to Azure.
- General understanding of cloud computing models.
- General understanding of virtualization, networking and storage concepts.
- Basic proficiency in PowerShell and command line interface scripting.
- How to plan for Azure storage, including choice of the most appropriate storage for a given scenario, and for billable storage requests and backup and recovery requirements.
- How to implement and manage Azure storage, including creating a storage account and choosing a storage access tool.
- How to implement blobs, tables and queues, and Azure files.
- How to monitor storage and implement Azure Backup.
Senior Content Developer
Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Redmond, Washington, that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics and personal computers and services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, Microsoft Office office suite, and Internet Explorer web browser.
Harvard University, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and the University of California, Berkeley, are just some of the schools that you have at your fingertips with EdX. Through massive open online courses (MOOCs) from the world's best universities, you can develop your knowledge in literature, math, history, food and nutrition, and more. These online classes are taught by highly-regarded experts in the field. If you take a class on computer science through Harvard, you may be taught by David J. Malan, a senior lecturer on computer science at Harvard University for the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences. But there's not just one professor - you have access to the entire teaching staff, allowing you to receive feedback on assignments straight from the experts. Pursue a Verified Certificate to document your achievements and use your coursework for job and school applications, promotions, and more. EdX also works with top universities to conduct research, allowing them to learn more about learning. Using their findings, edX is able to provide students with the best and most effective courses, constantly enhancing the student experience.