About the content
Machine Learning is a growing field that is used when searching the web, placing ads, credit scoring, stock trading and for many other applications.
This data science course is an introduction to machine learning and algorithms. You will develop a basic understanding of the principles of machine learning and derive practical solutions using predictive analytics. We will also examine why algorithms play an essential role in Big Data analysis.
This is the second course in the three-part Data Science and Analytics XSeries.
- What machine learning is and how it is related to statistics and data analysis
- How machine learning uses computer algorithms to search for patterns in data
- How to use data patterns to make decisions and predictions with real-world examples from healthcare involving genomics and preterm birth
- How to uncover hidden themes in large collections of documents using topic modeling
- How to prepare data, deal with missing data and create custom data analysis solutions for different industries
- Basic and frequently used algorithmic techniques including sorting, searching, greedy algorithms and dynamic programming
- Ansaf Salleb-Aouissi
- Cliff Stein
- David Blei
- Itsik Peer
- Mihalis Yannakakis
- Peter Orbanz
Harvard University, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and the University of California, Berkeley, are just some of the schools that you have at your fingertips with EdX. Through massive open online courses (MOOCs) from the world's best universities, you can develop your knowledge in literature, math, history, food and nutrition, and more. These online classes are taught by highly-regarded experts in the field. If you take a class on computer science through Harvard, you may be taught by David J. Malan, a senior lecturer on computer science at Harvard University for the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences. But there's not just one professor - you have access to the entire teaching staff, allowing you to receive feedback on assignments straight from the experts. Pursue a Verified Certificate to document your achievements and use your coursework for job and school applications, promotions, and more. EdX also works with top universities to conduct research, allowing them to learn more about learning. Using their findings, edX is able to provide students with the best and most effective courses, constantly enhancing the student experience.