About the content
Learn how to lead values-driven action in your organisation and to manage ethical risks systematically and collaboratively with this online course from Nottingham Trent University.
Develop essential leadership skills to manage ethical risks
- On this three-week course, you’ll discover how to manage and lead effectively within your organisation. You’ll learn how to identify and overcome ethical dilemmas as you develop your understanding of leadership issues and trends in organisations.
- With this knowledge, you’ll be able to support responsible and sustainable employee engagement whilst developing collaborative leadership skills and behaviours.
Identify stakeholders with the salience model
- Delving into different dilemmas in the workplace, you’ll learn how best to engage with personal, organisational, and societal dilemmas.
- Next, you’ll discover how to identify stakeholders using the salience models to understand how to prioritise and manage different stakeholder interests.
Learn how to align with organisational values
- You’ll learn how to reflect on your own values which will help you identify whether you are conflicted or aligned with your organisational values.
- Next, you’ll gain skills for critical conversations to help develop speak-out cultures in organisations. This approach will ensure everyone feels confident and safe to speak their mind.
Learn from the specialists at Nottingham Trent University
- Throughout the course, you’ll be guided by the specialists at Nottingham Trent University. With their expertise, you’ll finish the course with the knowledge and confidence to lead through complex dilemmas.
This course is designed for middle and senior managers who want to develop their leadership skills.
Dilemmas, stakeholders and the Salience model
As a philosopher by training, and an international consultant & researcher in practice, I enjoy challenging outdated assumptions on order to create more creative & ethical solutions for organisations
FutureLearn is a massive open online course (MOOC) learning platform founded in December 2012.
It is a company launched and wholly owned by The Open University in Milton Keynes, England. It is the first UK-led massive open online course learning platform, and as of March 2015 included 54 UK and international University partners and unlike similar platforms includes four non-university partners: the British Museum, the British Council, the British Library and the National Film and Television School.