About the content
Through this class you should be able to explain basic concepts in cellular and molecular biology using correct terminology, as well as develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills that can be applied to all of your studies of biology.
- Week One: Molecules, polarity, cell membranes and water movement
- Week Two: Protein synthesis and localization
- Week Three: Neurophysiology, genes and mutations
- Week Four: Redox reactions, respiration and photosynthesis
- Adrienne Williams - Developmental and Cell Biology
- Diane O'Dowd - Developmental and Cell Biology
The University of California, Irvine (commonly known as UC Irvine) is a campus of the University of California, founded in 1965 and located in Irvine.
Located in the centre of Orange County, UC Irvine serves the five most populated regions in the United States.
Coursera is a digital company offering massive open online course founded by computer teachers Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller Stanford University, located in Mountain View, California.
Coursera works with top universities and organizations to make some of their courses available online, and offers courses in many subjects, including: physics, engineering, humanities, medicine, biology, social sciences, mathematics, business, computer science, digital marketing, data science, and other subjects.