About the content
This course provides an overview of the management challenges international organizations & NGOs are faced with. You will learn key theoretical frameworks and practical tools to excel in this environment.
This course is part of the Specialization track 'The Challenges in Global Affairs', which contains three courses and a capstone project. The courses do not have to be taken in any particular order.
Week 1: Introduction to International Organizations and NGOs (Julian Fleet)
Week 2: The Shifting Context for International Organizations (Stefan Mergenthaler and Sebastian Buckup)
Week 3: Public Private Partnerships (Gilbert Probst and Lea Stadler)
Week 4: Leadership in the UN System (Bruce Jenks)
Week 5: Marketing & Fundraising (Claudia Gonzalez and Cassandra Quintanilla)
- Bruce Jenks - International Organizations MBA
- Stephan Mergenthaler - International Organizations MBA
- Lea Stadtler - Faculty of Economic and Social Sciences
- Cassandra Quintanilla - International Organizations MBA
- Claudia Gonzalez Romo - International Organizations MBA
- Sebastian Buckup - International Organizations MBA
- Gilbert Probst - Faculty of Economic and Social Sciences
- Julian Fleet - International Organizations MBA
Founded in 1559, the University of Geneva is now the second largest university in Switzerland. The jewel in the crown of the city of Calvin, the institution enjoys a privileged international reputation and cultivates its openness to the world.
The UNIGE stands out for its intellectual heritage, high-quality teaching covering most areas of the sciences, arts and humanities, and cutting-edge research.
Coursera is a digital company offering massive open online course founded by computer teachers Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller Stanford University, located in Mountain View, California.
Coursera works with top universities and organizations to make some of their courses available online, and offers courses in many subjects, including: physics, engineering, humanities, medicine, biology, social sciences, mathematics, business, computer science, digital marketing, data science, and other subjects.