About the content
This course explores the diversity of the foods we eat, the ways in which we grow, process, distribute, and prepare them, and the impacts they have upon our environment, health, and society. We will also examine the challenges and opportunities of creating a more sustainable global food system in the future.
- What is food?
- What foods do we eat?
- How and where did our food originate?
- How and where do we grow our food?
- How do we facilitate the trade and transfer of our food?
- How do we process and distribute our food?
- How do we prepare our food?
- How do we choose what to eat?
- How do we assess the sustainability of the global food system?
- How does what we eat affect our health?
- How does what we eat affect our environment?
- How much food will we need in the future?
- What challenges do we face in reforming the global food system?
- How can we provide more food more sustainably?
- How can we each contribute to a more sustainable global food system?
- Jason Hill - Bioproducts and Biosystems Engineering
Coursera is a digital company offering massive open online course founded by computer teachers Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller Stanford University, located in Mountain View, California.
Coursera works with top universities and organizations to make some of their courses available online, and offers courses in many subjects, including: physics, engineering, humanities, medicine, biology, social sciences, mathematics, business, computer science, digital marketing, data science, and other subjects.