About the content
This MOOC, proposed by the IACAPAP (International Association for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Allied Professions), is intended for people who want to learn the most basic notions in child and adolescent psychiatry. The main disorders (depression, autism, attention deficit with hyperactivity disorder, etc.) are tackled, like more general topics (development, the psychiatric interview, treatments, etc.). Professors come from all the continents and try to give a comprehensive picture of child and adolescent psychiatry.
No specific skills or knowledge is required to follow this course. It is open to all those who have, for professional or other reasons, an interest in the mental health problems that can be encountered by children and adolescents.
- Chapter 1 : Introduction
- Chapter 2 : Normal development in child and adolescents
- Quizz Chapter 2
- Chapter 3 : Clinical assessment and examination
- Quizz Chapter 3
- Chapter 4 : Mood Disorders : Child and adolescent depression
- Quizz Chapter 4
- Chapter 5 : Anxiety Disorders and Trauma
- Quizz Chapter 5
- Chapter 6 : Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Quizz Chapter 6
- Chapter 7 : Disruptive Behavior Disorders
- Quizz Chapter 7
- Chapter 8 : Substance Abuse
- Quizz Chapter 8
- Chapter 9 : Autism
- Quizz Chapter 9
- Chapter 10 : Early Onset Schizophrenia Spectrum Disorders
- Quizz Chapter 10
- Chapter 11 : Eating Disorders
- Quizz Chapter 11
- Chapter 12 : Suicide and non suicidal self-injury
- Quizz Chapter 12
- Chapter 13 : Intellectual Disability and learning difficulties
- Quizz Chapter 13
- Chapter 14 : Associated somatic disorders
- Quizz Chapter 14
- Chapter 15 : Infant psychiatry
- Quizz Chapter 15
- Chapter 16 : Psychiatric Disorders in Adolescence
- Quizz Chapter 16
- Chapter 17 : Epidemiology of Child and Adolescents mental Diseases
- Quizz Chapter 17
- Peer Assesment
- Chapter 18 : Evidence Based Medicine
- Quizz Chapter 18
- Chapter 19 : Transcultural aspects of Child and Adolescents Psychiatry
- Quizz Chapter 19
- Chapter 20 : Evidence based treatments in child and adolescent psychiatry
- Quizz Chapter 20
- Chapter 21 : Treatment Planning: Beyond Categories and Dimensions [part 1]
- Chapter 22 :Treatment Planning: Beyond Categories and Dimensions [part 2]
- Chapter 23 : And where do we go from here ?
- Peer Assesment
Responsible for the Course : Bruno Falissard,
President of the IACAPAP (International Association for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Allied Professions),
University of Paris-Sud (University of Paris XI) is a French university distributed among several campuses in the southern suburb of Paris (including Orsay, Cachan, Châtenay-Malabry, Sceaux and Kremlin-Bicêtre campuses). The main campus is located in Orsay (48.699890°N 2.173309°E). This university is a member of the UniverSud Paris and a constituent university of the federal University of Paris-Saclay.
Paris-Sud is one of the largest and most renowned French universities, particularly in science and mathematics. Paris-Sud is ranked 2nd in France, 7th in Europe and 39th worldwide by the 2013 Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU). Furthermore, in this latest edition of ARWU ranking, the university is ranked 15th globally in the field of Natural Sciences and Mathematics; in the five general subject rankings, the university is ranked 7th in mathematics and 19th in physics.
France Université Numérique is the broadcaster of the online courses of French higher education institutions and their partners.
It operates several platforms of diffusion, of which the best known, FUN MOOC, is the first French-speaking academic platform worldwide. Thanks to many partner institutions, this platform offers a vast catalog of courses enriched daily with various themes and current events.