About the content
Learn Ecological and Energy Transitions in Southern Countries from École normale supérieure. The Agence Française de Développement and the Ecole normale supérieure are launching the third edition of the MOOC “Ecological and Energy Transitions in ...
A MOOC to Respond to these Questions
This free online training offers complementary perspectives from several specialists of issues related to climate change and the development of Southern countries. They will share their very practical understanding of the current crises and the answers that can be provided. Participants will learn from studies by:
• Researchers from the prestigious École Normale Supérieure in Paris
• Field experts from the Agence Française de Développement, a funding agency that has been committed to helping developing countries for 75 years,
• Carbone 4 founder Alain Grandjean, who will share his experience, in particular on the economic and financial aspects.
Here is the program:
1. Our development model is ecologically unsustainable
2. The dominant economic models hinder the energy and ecological transition
3. The energy transition path: decarbonizing GDP
4. The model of an ecological transition to new prosperity
5. Governance of the energy and ecological transition
6. Financing the energy and ecological transition
The École normale supérieure (ENS) is an elite higher education institution (graduate school) for advanced undergraduate and graduate studies, and a prestigious French research center. It encompasses fifteen teaching and research departments, spanning the main humanities, sciences and disciplines. Unique among France’s grandes écoles for its training in the humanities and sciences, the ENS prepares its students for their role as future leaders in every imaginable professional field: in research, media, public service and private industry.
Coursera is a digital company offering massive open online course founded by computer teachers Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller Stanford University, located in Mountain View, California.
Coursera works with top universities and organizations to make some of their courses available online, and offers courses in many subjects, including: physics, engineering, humanities, medicine, biology, social sciences, mathematics, business, computer science, digital marketing, data science, and other subjects.