About the content
Dogs can be our most beloved pets and companions, but our lives with them are not without difficulties. Whether it be excessive barking, jumping on furniture or chewing your favorite pair of shoes, it can sometimes be frustrating getting your dog to be obedient and behave.
In this course, you will explore modern approaches to dog behavioral problems and training that incorporates the latest findings from behavioral science. This course is for dog trainers, behaviorists and anyone who wants to learn about dogs and their behavior.
The course will cover the use of behavioral functional analysis to:
- uncover the causes of undesired behavior
- explore just what it is about humans that dogs find reinforcing
- critically evaluate different approaches to dog training
- survey the use of temperament tests to assess the suitability of dogs for different roles and families
By the end of this course, you will better understand your dog and how to best train them based on their specific behavior and temperament.
Secondary School Biology
- How to use a behavioral approach to a behavioral problem
- The method of behavioral functional analysis
- How to assess what is reinforcing for dogs
- How to critically assess different methods of dog training
- What temperament tests are and what they are used for
Clive D.L. Wynne,
Professor of Psychology
Arizona State University
Harvard University, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and the University of California, Berkeley, are just some of the schools that you have at your fingertips with EdX. Through massive open online courses (MOOCs) from the world's best universities, you can develop your knowledge in literature, math, history, food and nutrition, and more. These online classes are taught by highly-regarded experts in the field. If you take a class on computer science through Harvard, you may be taught by David J. Malan, a senior lecturer on computer science at Harvard University for the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences. But there's not just one professor - you have access to the entire teaching staff, allowing you to receive feedback on assignments straight from the experts. Pursue a Verified Certificate to document your achievements and use your coursework for job and school applications, promotions, and more. EdX also works with top universities to conduct research, allowing them to learn more about learning. Using their findings, edX is able to provide students with the best and most effective courses, constantly enhancing the student experience.