About the content
Are you ready for the next inevitable disaster or public health emergency? Whether you're an EMS responder, physician, nurse, social worker, health care student, or other health care provider, you will acquire foundational knowledge in preparedness, management, and response for disasters and large-scale public health emergencies in this 6-week course.
- Basic Foundational Concepts of Disaster Preparedness
- Incident Command System and Leadership at the Unit Level
- Disaster Communication and Situational Awareness
- Establishing Personal and Family Preparedness
- United States Federal Disaster Resources
- Hospital Preparedness Overview
- Creating Surge Capacity (Lifeboat Ethics)
- Disaster and Mass Casualty Triage
- Workforce Readiness and Willingness to Respond
- Disaster Drills
- Active Shooter and Dangerous Persons
- Terrorism, Bomb Threats, and Other Internal Threats
- Burn Casualty Management
- Bomb and Blast Injury Management
- Chemical Emergencies
- Radiation Emergency Management Overview
- Responding to Radiation Events
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment
- Seasonal and Pandemic Influenza
- Responding to Emerging Infectious Disease Outbreaks
- Disease Containment Strategies
- Protective Equipment for Safety During Infectious Disease Outbreaks
- Planning for Natural Disasters
- Activation of the Hospital EOC in Response to Natural Disasters
- Morbidity and Mortality Related to Natural Disasters
- Advancing the Science: Current Research Efforts
- Q and A "Ask Us Anything"
- Tener Veenema - Department of Community-Public Health
Coursera is a digital company offering massive open online course founded by computer teachers Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller Stanford University, located in Mountain View, California.
Coursera works with top universities and organizations to make some of their courses available online, and offers courses in many subjects, including: physics, engineering, humanities, medicine, biology, social sciences, mathematics, business, computer science, digital marketing, data science, and other subjects.