About the content
Looking to kickstart a career in deep learning? Look no further. This course will introduce you to the field of deep learning and teach you the fundamentals. You will learn about some of the exciting applications of deep learning, the basics fo neural networks, different deep learning models, and how to build your first deep learning model using the easy yet powerful library Keras.
This course will presentsimplified explanations to some oftoday's hottest topics in data science, including:
- What is deep learning?
- How do neural networks learn and what are activation functions?
- What are deep learning libraries and how do they compare to one another?
- What are supervised and unsupervised deep learning models?
- How to use Keras to build, train, and test deep learning models?
The demand fordeep learning skills-- and the job salaries of deep learning practitioners -- arecontinuing to grow, as AI becomes more pervasive in our societies. This course will help you build the knowledge you need to future-proofyour career.
- You will learn about exciting applications of deep learning and why it is really rewarding to learn how to leverage deep learning skills.
- You will learn about neural networks and how theylearn and update their weights and biases.
- You will learn about thevanishing gradient problem.
- You will learn about building a regression model using the Keras library.
- You will learn about building a classification model using the Keras library.
- You will learn about supervised deep learning models, such as convolutional neural networks and recurrent neural networks, and how to build a convolutional neural network using the Keras library.
- You will learn about unsupervised learning models such as autoencoders.
- Python Programming. For example, you can complete this course on edX: Python Basics for Data Science.
- Machine Learning with Python. For example, you can complete this course on edX: Machine Learning with Python: A Practical Introduction.
- Partial Derivatives. You can find tutorials for this on Khan Academy.
Module1 - Introduction to Deep Learning
- Introduction to Deep Learning
- Biological Neural Networks
- Artificial Neural Networks - Forward Propagation
Module2 -Artificial Neural Networks
- Gradient Descent
- Vanishing Gradient
- Activation Functions
Module3 - Deep Learning Libraries
- Introduction to Deep Learning Libraries
- Regression Models with Keras
- Classification Models with Keras
Module4 -Deep Learning Models
- Shallow and Deep Neural Networks
- Convolutional Neural Networks
- Recurrent Neural Networks
Ph.D., Data Scientist
International Business Machines Corporation (commonly referred to as IBM) is an American multinational technology and consulting corporation, with headquarters in Armonk, New York. IBM manufactures and markets computer hardware, middleware and software, and offers infrastructure, hosting and consulting services in areas ranging from mainframe computers to nanotechnology.
Harvard University, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and the University of California, Berkeley, are just some of the schools that you have at your fingertips with EdX. Through massive open online courses (MOOCs) from the world's best universities, you can develop your knowledge in literature, math, history, food and nutrition, and more. These online classes are taught by highly-regarded experts in the field. If you take a class on computer science through Harvard, you may be taught by David J. Malan, a senior lecturer on computer science at Harvard University for the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences. But there's not just one professor - you have access to the entire teaching staff, allowing you to receive feedback on assignments straight from the experts. Pursue a Verified Certificate to document your achievements and use your coursework for job and school applications, promotions, and more. EdX also works with top universities to conduct research, allowing them to learn more about learning. Using their findings, edX is able to provide students with the best and most effective courses, constantly enhancing the student experience.