About the content
Get Rich and Save the Earth…Or Else! Learn about the past, present, and possible futures of human energy use.
● Lesson 1. Sustainability: Why Energy Matters (and Money)
● Lesson 2. What is Energy—Units and Such; What we use, and how much good it does
● Lesson 3. Oil, Coal and Natural Gas, Drilling and Fracking and Reserves
● Lesson 4. Global Warming I—Physics
● Lesson 5. Global Warming II—History and Impacts
● Lesson 6. Options: Solar, Wind
● Lesson 7. Options: Geothermal, Waves, Tides, Nukes
● Lesson 8. Options: Conservation
● Lesson 9. Options: Geo-Engineering
● Lesson 10. Economics
● Lesson 11. Policy Options
● Lesson 12. Ethical issues
- Richard Alley - Department of Geosciences
Founded in 1855 as Pennsylvania's only land-grant university, The Pennsylvania State University combines academic rigor with a vibrant campus life. A nationally recognized Research-I institution, Penn State teaches students to be leaders with a global perspective. Supporting not only the citizens of our Commonwealth, Penn State engages in collaborative activities with industrial, educational, and agricultural partners in the United States and abroad to generate, disseminate, integrate, and apply knowledge that is valuable to society.
Coursera is a digital company offering massive open online course founded by computer teachers Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller Stanford University, located in Mountain View, California.
Coursera works with top universities and organizations to make some of their courses available online, and offers courses in many subjects, including: physics, engineering, humanities, medicine, biology, social sciences, mathematics, business, computer science, digital marketing, data science, and other subjects.