About the content
Counseling and Psychotherapy Studies seeks to understand and clarify our mind’s pains, sufferings, and illnesses, and to explore and practice various coping methods.
"Counseling and Psychotherapy Theory " examines both traditional and modern theories of counseling theories through rich case illustrations. This course will provide an easy-to-understand overview of the process of positive behavioral change of human being.
- The basic features of counseling and psychotherapy
- New understanding of client ‘problems’, ‘causes’, and ‘process of change’
- Various theories of counseling and psychotherapy (psychodynamic, cognitive-behavioral, humanistic, and family counseling approaches)
- A perspective that integrates various theories of counseling and psychotherapy around ‘facilitating factors of positive change’
- In-depth understanding and application of theories through case illustrations
- Week 1: Psychological Pain, Suffering and Counseling
- Week 2: Counseling and Human Change
- Week 3: Psychodynamic Approach (1) Freud's Drive Theory
- Week 4: Psychodynamic Approach (2) Object Relations/Attachment Theory
- Week 5: Cognitive-Behavioral Approach (1) Behavioral Approach
- Week 6: Cognitive-Behavioral Approach (2) Cognitive Approach
- Week 7: Humanistic Approach
- Week 8: Family/System Approach
- Week 9: Integrating Different Counseling Approaches: Process-Based Intervention Model(PBIM) (by C.Kim)
Seoul National University
Seoul National University
Harvard University, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and the University of California, Berkeley, are just some of the schools that you have at your fingertips with EdX. Through massive open online courses (MOOCs) from the world's best universities, you can develop your knowledge in literature, math, history, food and nutrition, and more. These online classes are taught by highly-regarded experts in the field. If you take a class on computer science through Harvard, you may be taught by David J. Malan, a senior lecturer on computer science at Harvard University for the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences. But there's not just one professor - you have access to the entire teaching staff, allowing you to receive feedback on assignments straight from the experts. Pursue a Verified Certificate to document your achievements and use your coursework for job and school applications, promotions, and more. EdX also works with top universities to conduct research, allowing them to learn more about learning. Using their findings, edX is able to provide students with the best and most effective courses, constantly enhancing the student experience.