About the content
Learn to build relationships and manage contracts successfully with this free online course backed by UK government and IACCM.
- Commercial relationships and the pitfalls to avoid in contracting
- The rules and regulations that govern business, trade and public procurement and how this can affect behaviour
- Understanding customers and designing a business case and subsequent delivery and support system around their needs
- Contracts exist in chains and networks. Managing interdependency and business relationships
- Ensuring that stakeholders are engaged
- The role of negotiation and how to be in the best position to make Win-Win negotiations a reality
- Managing risk and identifying ‘unknown unknowns’
- Examining what innovation is and how it can be fostered
- Introducing the top attributes of successful contracts and the new skill sets that will be required in the future
- Understand the benefits contract simplification and visualization can bring to your contracting relationships
- Understand why there is a growing use of performance and outcome-based contracting models
- Douglas Macbeth
- Tim Cummins
FutureLearn is a massive open online course (MOOC) learning platform founded in December 2012.
It is a company launched and wholly owned by The Open University in Milton Keynes, England. It is the first UK-led massive open online course learning platform, and as of March 2015 included 54 UK and international University partners and unlike similar platforms includes four non-university partners: the British Museum, the British Council, the British Library and the National Film and Television School.