About the content
Learn the value of information to businesses and how it can give the business a competitive advantage
- value of information to businesses as a competitive advantage
- entrepreneurial spirit and how to elevate yourself above the competition
- case studies of how businesses use information to generate distinctive ideas and create new opportunities
- situation analysis to develop the confidence to make decisions that lead to achieving personal goals
- competitive nature and the ethical implications of having an information advantage
- elements that set your business apart and how to use this knowledge to stay ahead.
Associate Professor of Information Systems at Deakin Business School at Deakin University. Her teaching and research focuses on emerging technology disruption and IT & business alignment.
Deakin University is an Australian public university with approximately 50,644 higher education students in 2014. Established in 1974, the University was named after the leader of the Australian federation movement and the nation's second Prime Minister, Alfred Deakin. It has campuses in Geelong, Warrnambool and Burwood, Melbourne and learning centres in Dandenong, Craigieburn and Werribee, all in the state of Victoria. It was formally established in 1974 with the passage of the Deakin University Act 1974.
FutureLearn is a massive open online course (MOOC) learning platform founded in December 2012.
It is a company launched and wholly owned by The Open University in Milton Keynes, England. It is the first UK-led massive open online course learning platform, and as of March 2015 included 54 UK and international University partners and unlike similar platforms includes four non-university partners: the British Museum, the British Council, the British Library and the National Film and Television School.