About the content
The Capstone Assessment is the last step to complete the Leadership in Global Development MicroMasters credential, designed to test knowledge and skills gained in:
• LGDM1x Leaders in Global Development
• LGDM2x The Science & Practice of Sustainable Development
• LGDM3x Adaptive Leadership in Development
• LGDM4x Critical Development Perspectives
Successful completers of the Capstone Assessment willbe awarded the MicroMasters credential.
This credential can be used to support your applicationforThe University of Queensland’s on-campus PostgraduatePrograms in Global Development. More information on these programs, including other entry requirements, is available via UQ.
The Capstone Assessment involves 2 graded components and a further task to demonstrate ownership and originality of your work.
1) A 30 question, multiple choice, open book exam worth 30%. Questions will be drawn from all 4of the Leadership In Global Development MicroMasters courses.The exam will be available throughout the 3 weeks of the Capstone Assessment run and able to be undertaken at any point. Once the exam is commenced, learners will have 90 minutes to complete the exam.
2) Completion of a 3000 word project or program proposal worth 70%. Learners chose one of three case studies, identify one development challenge outlined in the case study, and develop a proposal for a project or program which addresses this development challenge. Guidance will be provided around structure and required information.
3) Prepare, record and upload a 3 minute video presentation, pitching your project or program to a fictitious donor organisation. Not assessable but a mandatory requirement demonstrating your deep and thorough understanding of your proposal and substantiating the project or program as your own original work.
Do not enrol in this course unless you are eligible to do so, having completed and earnt a verified certificate in all four other courses in this MicroMasters series. Ineligible learners will be automatically withdrawn from the Capstone Assessment.
To enrol in the Capstone Assessment, learners must complete a Verified Certificate in the four courses in the MicroMasters program.
The Capstone Assessment will allow you to demonstrate the knowledge and skills acquired in the Leadership in Global Development MicroMasters program.
Professor and Chair of Development Effectiveness, Institute for Social Science Research
The University of Queensland
The University of Queensland (UQ), Australia, is one of the world’s premier teaching and research institutions. Striving for excellence through the creation, preservation, transfer and application of knowledge UQ ranks in the top 50 Universities as measured by the QS World University Rankings. UQ is one of only three Australian members of the global Universitas 21 and a founding member of the Group of Eight (Go8) universities. UQ is recognised for its world standard specialised research and teaching excellence; having won more Australian Awards for University Teaching than any other in the country.
Founded in 1909 UQ is Queensland's oldest university and has produced more than 250,000 graduates. UQ has a diverse community of over 51,000 students including 13,300 international students from 141 nations. It has one of Australia's largest PhD enrolments, with more than 14,700 postgraduate students. UQ employs 6,700 staff spanning six faculties and eight research institutes.
Harvard University, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and the University of California, Berkeley, are just some of the schools that you have at your fingertips with EdX. Through massive open online courses (MOOCs) from the world's best universities, you can develop your knowledge in literature, math, history, food and nutrition, and more. These online classes are taught by highly-regarded experts in the field. If you take a class on computer science through Harvard, you may be taught by David J. Malan, a senior lecturer on computer science at Harvard University for the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences. But there's not just one professor - you have access to the entire teaching staff, allowing you to receive feedback on assignments straight from the experts. Pursue a Verified Certificate to document your achievements and use your coursework for job and school applications, promotions, and more. EdX also works with top universities to conduct research, allowing them to learn more about learning. Using their findings, edX is able to provide students with the best and most effective courses, constantly enhancing the student experience.