About the content
Do you want to take the AP Spanish exam, but your school doesn't offer a Spanish language course? Are you looking for a way to get more practice with and exposure to the AP Spanish exam in general?Do you want to become more proficient in Spanish? Then this interactive online course taught by a Boston University language instructor is for you.
This course, conducted entirely in Spanish, will prepare you to do all the tasks on the AP exam, such as:
- Interpret authentic written and audio texts
- Speak Spanish both conversationally and be able to give formal presentations
- Write correspondence and persuasive essays
- Think productively about Hispanic cultures and compare them to your own culture
- Understand and discuss issues pertaining to the themesof contemporary life, families and communities, personal and public identity, science and technology, beauty and aesthetics, as well as global challenges
- Consider the intersection of these themes as well as connections to your own lives
Enroll in this course to prepare for the AP Spanish Language exam and refine your linguistic skills in the process. ¡Bienvenidos!
AP is a trademark registered and/or owned by the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
3 years of high school Spanish or the equivalent, i.e., intermediate-level proficiency
- Strategies for interpreting written and audio texts in Spanish, even when you don't understand every word
- Strategies for starting, continuingand ending a conversation in Spanish
- The formal conventions of letter writing
- How to make an effective and concise oral presentation
- How to write a well-argued and organized persuasive essay
Senior Lecturer in Spanish
Harvard University, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and the University of California, Berkeley, are just some of the schools that you have at your fingertips with EdX. Through massive open online courses (MOOCs) from the world's best universities, you can develop your knowledge in literature, math, history, food and nutrition, and more. These online classes are taught by highly-regarded experts in the field. If you take a class on computer science through Harvard, you may be taught by David J. Malan, a senior lecturer on computer science at Harvard University for the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences. But there's not just one professor - you have access to the entire teaching staff, allowing you to receive feedback on assignments straight from the experts. Pursue a Verified Certificate to document your achievements and use your coursework for job and school applications, promotions, and more. EdX also works with top universities to conduct research, allowing them to learn more about learning. Using their findings, edX is able to provide students with the best and most effective courses, constantly enhancing the student experience.