About the content
This course covers cutting-edge topics of credit risk management in a rigorous yet inspiring way.
The playing field of credit risk professionals, consultants and managers is continually changing. Developments in financial markets and updates in regulatory frameworks make it a challenging field that makes it vital for you to stay on top of your game. But how?
The Advanced Credit Risk Management course from TU Delft, a course designed specifically for risk professionals, provides a unique opportunity to take the next step in credit risk management and helps you in contributing to the stability and economic sustainability of lending institutions.
This course is for anyone who wants or needs a deeper understanding of credit risk topics in order to advance current work tasks or support future professional development. The course balances between theory and practice to make it both challenging and valuable for your work. But the course is not just about increased knowledge: you will have the opportunity to interact with peers from different countries and institutions; you will receive feedback from the lecturer, and have the chance to choose together with other course members, one additional topic on which Dr. Cirillo will elaborate further. In addition, close collaboration with industry partners will give you the chance to be acquainted with different voices from the field, and discuss your views with other experts.
- Learn the latest, high-level knowledge on credit risk management and risk modelling.
- Update one’s knowledge on the new regulatory frameworks.
- Combine theory and practice to help you to stay on top of your profession.
- Enhance your employability and career opportunities.
- Lively interaction with international peers and networking opportunities.
- Increase your organizational knowledge to include updated and cutting-edge credit risk management concepts.
- Enhance your capability to implement the evolving Basel framework.
- Improve your basis for sound decision-making in loan granting and risk assessment.
- Add to your employees’ levels of competence and expand your talent pool.
- Gain knowledge about the latest regulatory developments, such as IFRS9 and the future Basel IV.
- Develop a more solid understanding of the mathematics behind credit risk modeling, which will help you to better understand the foundation of the formulas and models you regularly use.
- Analyze the strengths and weaknesses of important credit risk models.
- Work with model risk and error quantification.
- Explore open questions like small sample corrections and dependence modeling.
- Investigate the implications of dropping assumptions like Gaussianity.
The course includes 2-week break during the Christmas holiday.
- Pasquale Cirillo
Harvard University, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and the University of California, Berkeley, are just some of the schools that you have at your fingertips with EdX. Through massive open online courses (MOOCs) from the world's best universities, you can develop your knowledge in literature, math, history, food and nutrition, and more. These online classes are taught by highly-regarded experts in the field. If you take a class on computer science through Harvard, you may be taught by David J. Malan, a senior lecturer on computer science at Harvard University for the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences. But there's not just one professor - you have access to the entire teaching staff, allowing you to receive feedback on assignments straight from the experts. Pursue a Verified Certificate to document your achievements and use your coursework for job and school applications, promotions, and more. EdX also works with top universities to conduct research, allowing them to learn more about learning. Using their findings, edX is able to provide students with the best and most effective courses, constantly enhancing the student experience.